Thursday, March 13, 2014

I'm going to Costa Rica!

Guess what!

I just found out that I won the 2014 National Spanish Exam Teacher Study Abroad Scholarship, and I'm going to Costa Rica!!!  :-)

This is going to be such an amazing experience and I can't believe that I get to be a part of it. I can't wait! I'm going to be attending the Universidad de Costa Rica for the month of July. I'm still signing up for classes so I'm not sure what I'll end up being able to take, but it looks like there are lots of interesting classes offered like how to teach Spanish as a second language and a class on Spanish linguistics.

I will also be living with a host family which is really exciting to me because I will be able to have an inside look at what life in Costa Rica is really like. I've never been to Costa Rica so I have a lot to learn in the next few months while getting ready for the program, and I'm sure there will be lots of new adventures and experiences while I'm there.

I feel so lucky to be given this opportunity to improve my language skills and cultural awareness, to collaborate with others in my field, and to share this experience with my students when I return.

Let the adventure begin!



1 comment: